Explanation for residence in apartment buildings
It is hard to include plans for apartment buildings, because the possibilities for lot division, structural definition, and the relation between them are boundless.
The rights over the residential unit are transferred to the individual only after the start of construction and the reception of all permits from the authorities to the contractor.
Therefore, the address here is to the authorities and contractors who understand the need for a change in attitude, and for a reciprocity between the private residential units- so that they are in accordance with the Torah. This will benefit both the buyers and the entrepreneur.
The purpose is to meet the requirements of the Torah even at the cost of a higher construction price, and/or a change in worldview.
The requirements are:
1. Maximum privacy- without damage to view, noise, or smell to all apartments I the building by adding architectural elements built around the openings or as an addition to the building.
2. Outer hatches, windows, and doors that lead into the living quarters will be view and sight blocking, of the highest rate attainable.
3. A large porch, of about 15 square meters without roofing/ cover (only 6 meters high) with side and front walls as needed to prevent damage of sight, noise, and smell from and to the neighbors (2 meters high).
4. Building a Mikveh in the apartment (an addition of about 3m) adjacent to the bathtub.
5. Wide and convenient staircases and elevators.
6. No higher than 9 stories.
7. Every building will have a public space for the purpose of a synagogue or a Talmud Torah to be registered under the apartment owners, at a ratio of 5-10sq/m per apartment, and that will meet with the acoustics conditions to prevent noise. This, as well as a plot of land to grow trees and vegetables in a ratio of 40-80sq/m per apartment.